The warmer weather can make us motivated to get out and have fun. But before we can have fun, we need to get that spring cleaning out of the way. Here are ten simple spring cleaning tips.
- Lemon Juice in Microwave – To clean your grimy microwave, microwave a ½ cup of water mixed with the juice of one lemon for about three minutes.
- Baking Soda & Stainless Steel – Stainless steel sinks can chalk up residue. Wet your sink and sprinkle it with baking soda, then scrub with a sponge.
- Onions on the Grill – Heat up your grille to melt off some of the hardened grime. Then, use half of an onion to get rid of anything else.
- Squeegee Away Hair – If you’re a pet owner, you can get hair off of furniture or rugs easily by running a squeegee over the surfaces.
- Cotton-Swab Keywords – Run a cotton swap between your keyboard keys to clean away dust and dirt.
- Use Old Socks as Dusting Gloves – Slip some old (washed) socks onto your hands and use them as dusting mitts.
- Newspaper to Clean Windows – When used with a mixture of ¼ cup white vinegar, 2 cups water, and 2 teaspoons soap, newspaper will leave a clean and streak-free window.
- Stack Clothes Vertically – If you’re taking out your spring clothes, consider stacking your clothes vertically in the drawer to better access them and to fit them in the drawer.
- Lemon for Water Stains – The acid in lemons can help clean water stains off of faucets and out of sinks.
- Dryer Sheet for Burnt-On Food – If you have any burnt-on food on your countertop, place a damp dryer sheet on it and let it sit for 15 minutes before scrubbing it away.
Of course, for any excessive spring maintenance needed for your car, feel free to stop by Atzenhoffer Mitsubishi.